You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Blog
Probably not… but you should. If you want your advertising dollars to work hard for you, it is essential that you track your marketing campaigns. There are many ways you can advertise a piano teaching studio (I’ll get to that … Continue reading
I always find it important to continually reinforce the benefits of piano lessons to the clients at my teaching studio. Here’s a little something you might want to share with your piano parents… Piano lessons and their effect on children’s … Continue reading
We believe in inventing our own materials and programs to ensure that what we teach is unique, innovative and edgy. We believe in making it a priority to recognize student achievements in ways that are meaningful and fun. We believe … Continue reading
Piano lessons can be boring… so can dirt biking, fishing, and dancing, if you do them regularly enough. Boredom is the biggest obstacle piano teachers must overcome if they desire a successful and rewarding career. Beat piano lesson boredom, and … Continue reading
I think after writing this post, I’ll finally put this topic to rest. But before I can I have to be blunt… piano teachers spend too much time fretting over their teaching policies. Do you need piano studio policies? Absolutely! … Continue reading
We’ve all had those students who make us cringe; the kids who won’t practice, won’t sit still or won’t listen! We shudder as their lesson time approaches and hope that for once they might be a “no-show”. But, as always, … Continue reading
Read any piano forum or blog on the internet and you’ll find that one of the biggest issues facing today’s teachers is the retention of teenage students. In fact, amongst teachers, it is almost a given that many of their … Continue reading
Would someone please explain to me why, after 20 years of piano lessons, I had no idea what a Fake Book was? For those of you who just thought, “What’s a fake book?” I sympathize with you. For those of … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)