You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Composing with Piano Students
How often do you compose with your piano students? Every week? Every other week? Once a month?… (gasp!) once a year? If your response bends towards the latter, today I’m going to show you how to compose with your piano … Continue reading
Finding inspiration can be a challenging task for a composer. Many draw on painful life experiences, challenging childhoods or failed relationships to inspire their next big hit. But that sounds dark and depressing and not at all what we’re about! … Continue reading
If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons… or, if you’ve always wanted to but just haven’t started, then the Christmas season is the perfect time to begin! Putting a New Spin on Old Carols When … Continue reading
‘Tis the season for hacking coughs, runny noses, and pink eye. And while we’d love to offer every piano teacher a cure for what ails ‘em, the piano student illnesses we hope to cure with composing are a tad different… … Continue reading
I think we can all agree that learning piano is far superior to any other activity available to children :). But everything has an Achilles heel, and when it comes to the piano lessons, lack of community is it! Piano … Continue reading
Most piano students struggle with similar issues – problems with hand position, issues with playing legato, falling wrists… most piano teachers encounter these and more with our piano students on almost a daily basis. And while good teaching can fix … Continue reading
Andrea and I live just outside of Victoria, BC. It’s a cute, somewhat historic little city with neat little alleyways that our girls love to explore. As we walked through one such alleyway the other day I joked with Lexi … Continue reading
If there’s one thing I despise it’s feeling stressed out. I am someone who is very aware of the “life is short” philosophy and sweating the small stuff just doesn’t jive with me. But in this profession there will always … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)