- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Practice Exercises
For 30 minutes (maybe 45) each week, the piano education of your students rests firmly in your capable hands. After that, you must put your faith in your students’ memory and your written notes to carry the torch until you … Continue reading
Your new piano student arrives for the first time like a ball of passionate energy. Big smiles and keen interest give all indications that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship! And then the second lesson arrives… Everything you … Continue reading
Our studio is looking very festive this week! October 1st marked the start of our Pump-kin up the Practice incentive program and we launched with an explosion of everything orange! Our piano kids were excited to see something new and this … Continue reading
What happens at home once your piano student leaves your studio? Do they practice diligently every day? Do they remember 3 days post-lesson that they haven’t retrieved their books from the car? Do they cram a week’s worth of practice … Continue reading
We all know how to teach piano. But do you know how to teach your piano students to practice? If you’re finding yourself stuck in the never-ending cycle of simply relying on practice minutes per day or number of days … Continue reading
Do your piano students forget to practice the piano? Maybe they do… but many don’t. Many are simply sooooooo busy with ballet, soccer, school, dinner, playdates, carpooling, homework… that finding time is difficult. We could write an entire post on over-scheduled … Continue reading
I wish I had the time to do a study; it would be titled “The Effectiveness of Piano Practice as Determined by Physical Piano Placement and Parental Involvement.” Although I’m not feeling too guilty about not having the time to … Continue reading
As piano teachers our priorities usually lie in making the time we spend with our students in lesson each week as enjoyable and as valuable as we possibly can. We plan lessons, we collect resources, we come up with innovative … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- God Rest Ye Merry Hummingbirds... Composing Fun With Christmas Tunes: If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons... or, if you've always wanted to but just haven't started, then th...
- What?! I Have One More Piano Lesson To Go? (How To Fill The Final Lesson): In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you'd wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly ...
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (9)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (27)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)