- We Apologize If You Can’t Get Today’s Piano Post Out Of Your Head
- A Piano Practice Game That Will Make Piano Pieces “Stick”
- Walking the Tightrope of Awesome and How It Will Fill Your Piano Studio
- Don’t You Wish Every Student Had This Piano Problem?…
- Teach Piano Today’s Recital Round-up… Getting You Through This Season with a Smile
Category Archives: Piano Students
If you’ve ever toyed with the idea of providing piano student assessments for parents… but the idea of writing out pages and pages of comments has prevented you from doing so, this post is for you! Piano Student Assessment Sheets… … Continue reading
I tweeted yesterday about a conversation I had had yesterday with a 7 year old piano student. It went something like this… Me: ”So, does that sound like a good plan?” (referring to what I would be looking for in … Continue reading
The topic of youth vs experience has been raised several times in recent weeks, both on the Teach Piano Today blog and around the web, so of course I had to write a post about it… I mean, how controversial, … Continue reading
Piano teachers spend a lot of their day thinking in segments of time. 30 or 45 minutes is carefully broken down into parts – book work, theory, sight reading, music games, performance preparation.. they all have to fit somewhere! But … Continue reading
I came across a great article today called “11 Sounds Your Children Have Never Heard“; a summation of 11 sounds that have all but become extinct. Check out the list below. I’m betting you’ll agree that your piano students have … Continue reading
Let’s not kid ourselves… the piano is NOT an easy instrument to learn. It can chew up and spit out even the most motivated adult student… so imagine how it can sometimes make our youngest musicians feel; disheartened and even … Continue reading
I adore my little 6 year old piano student who comes at 4:30 on Wednesdays … but I got almost no sleep last night. I wasn’t quite myself, but had her lesson planned to the minute today – she’s away … Continue reading
I dreamed of teaching my children to play the piano ever since I dreamed of having children. In my fantasy my little one would climb up on my lap and gaze at me with adoring eyes “Mommy… please teach me … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- We Apologize If You Can't Get Today's Piano Post Out Of Your Head: It was the series finale of the TV show The Office last night. I'm a die-hard Office fan and there's nothing more I like than humming along...
- A Piano Practice Game That Will Make Piano Pieces "Stick": Who doesn't love a good piano teaching game? We all love bringing something new to lessons to keep our students interested and excited abou...
- This Just Might Be The Piano Teacher's Perfect Co-Worker: An iPad (or other tablet... for ease of writing we're going to say iPad) seems to be on the wish list of many piano teachers nowadays. We a...
- Walking the Tightrope of Awesome and How It Will Fill Your Piano Studio: If you’re like me, self-promotion is a very, very uncomfortable topic. I rarely discuss our piano teaching business with friends or family. ...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (4)
- Finding Piano Students (14)
- How To Teach Piano (43)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (46)
- Lesson Activities (21)
- Marketing and Advertising (34)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (4)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (43)
- Piano Music for Boys (1)
- Piano Practice Exercises (8)
- Piano Recitals (4)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (47)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (56)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (14)
- Piano Teaching Games (19)
- Piano Teaching Tips (112)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (7)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (41)