You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Innovative Teaching Ideas
If getting piano students to read your lesson notes is like pulling teeth, over the next month we’ll be sharing a few printables that might just make this challenge a whole lot easier! The Problem With Piano Lesson Notes… …They’re … Continue reading
So you’ve got starting position covered, key signature, time signature, accidentals, tempo, articulation, dynamics, fingering… expression…whew! … completing a piano piece is a lot of work! There are so many little details that combine to produce a “finished” piece (although … Continue reading
I have 4832 pictures stored on my computer. It’s simply ridiculous, so I decided that I would start putting them into photo books. And then my perfectionism reared it’s ugly head. I spent hours sorting through photos attempting to … Continue reading
Does it make me a controlling person if I choose my piano students’ New Year’s resolutions? Yes? Darn! Does it make me a controlling person if I let my students select from 3 pre-determined resolutions? Sort of? OK, I can … Continue reading
About 5 years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to play the fiddle. I was sure I’d pick it up quickly and I’d be jamming away like a boss in no time. This was not the case. For … Continue reading
I love teaching adult piano students because they are so brutally honest about their struggles in learning this very challenging instrument. They are able to fall back on humour when dealing with challenging rhythms or difficult measures. Little kids are … Continue reading
Imagine if you only brushed one or two teeth at a time. And once you deemed those two teeth were clean, you then moved on to a different set of two. Once those two were shiny you headed to a … Continue reading
Sometimes repetition just doesn’t do. Those tricky measures where little fingers just don’t want to cooperate can spoil an entire piece for a piano student. “I don’t like this piece.” “This one is too hard.” It’s often just because of … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)