- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Innovative Teaching Ideas
About 5 years ago I decided that I wanted to learn to play the fiddle. I was sure I’d pick it up quickly and I’d be jamming away like a boss in no time. This was not the case. For … Continue reading
I love teaching adult piano students because they are so brutally honest about their struggles in learning this very challenging instrument. They are able to fall back on humour when dealing with challenging rhythms or difficult measures. Little kids are … Continue reading
Imagine if you only brushed one or two teeth at a time. And once you deemed those two teeth were clean, you then moved on to a different set of two. Once those two were shiny you headed to a … Continue reading
Sometimes repetition just doesn’t do. Those tricky measures where little fingers just don’t want to cooperate can spoil an entire piece for a piano student. “I don’t like this piece.” “This one is too hard.” It’s often just because of … Continue reading
When I first started teaching I knew for a fact that my piano kids never cracked open their back and forth piano binders. Over the years I’ve tried many different things from sticky notes pasted right onto their piano sheet … Continue reading
When I first started teaching piano lessons I remember being so worried about what I would do if I “finished” everything I had planned and there was still time left in the lesson. What if the lesson had naturally ended…. … Continue reading
If you’ve ever seen me sew, paint, draw, scrapbook or do really anything crafty you’d understand that my hands are better suited to the piano keys. My unique combo of a total lack of spacial awareness and intense perfectionism make … Continue reading
By the 8th student of your teaching day you’re probably feeling a little tired. It’s the umpteenth time you’ve heard “Sailing in the Sun”… and the the umpteenth time you’ve corrected fingering, reminded about a rest, worked on legato playing… … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- God Rest Ye Merry Hummingbirds... Composing Fun With Christmas Tunes: If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons... or, if you've always wanted to but just haven't started, then th...
- What?! I Have One More Piano Lesson To Go? (How To Fill The Final Lesson): In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you'd wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly ...
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (9)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (27)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)