- Exciting News For Anyone Looking To Grow Their Piano Studio Next Year
- Why the Piano Is Dating the Prom Queen and What It Means For Your Studio
- We Apologize If You Can’t Get Today’s Piano Post Out Of Your Head
- A Piano Practice Game That Will Make Piano Pieces “Stick”
- Walking the Tightrope of Awesome and How It Will Fill Your Piano Studio
Category Archives: Innovative Teaching Ideas
So much of making music is structured. There are strict rules to be followed about what notes to play, how long to hold each sound, how fast a piece (or portion of) should be played…. the list is exhaustive! And … Continue reading
Just the other day I saw our paper girl taking a break on the curb… texting. This is not usually something that draws my attention, except for the fact that our paper girl is only nine years old! Yes… these … Continue reading
I’m about to clear out my sticker drawer in my piano studio. For good. And I’m betting my students are not going to miss them one bit! Saying ‘Goodbye’ to Piano Lesson Stickers Stickers have been a part of my … Continue reading
I had a terrible performance experience as a child. I was a 4 year old Suzuki student in a fluffy pink dress on stage in front of 300 people… and I couldn’t remember my piece. I’ll never forget the image … Continue reading
Every piano teacher wants to see progress. With slow progress comes low motivation, with low motivation comes faltering retention and… with faltering retention that cruise you’ve been saving up for sails farther and farther into the distance! Every piano teacher’s … Continue reading
Did that title make you shudder? Resist the urge to wrinkle your nose and say “Not for me, thanks.” Allow me to convince you why… and then show you how! Piano Parent Participation Day should happen once per term … Continue reading
My 16 month old knows how to unlock my iphone. Her little finger swipes across that screen with an uncanny ease. My 16 month old also regularly calls Auntie Mimi, texts cryptic messages to Grandma and occasionally changes my voice … Continue reading
Newsflash… learning “piano lingo” is boring. And teaching piano lingo is even worse! So this year, we’ve decided to jazz up an otherwise “fork-in-the-eye” process… The Super Secret Piano Password When students enter my studio for the first time in … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- Exciting News For Anyone Looking To Grow Their Piano Studio Next Year: I don’t think it will come as a shock to anyone to learn that one of the biggest challenges piano teachers face is finding piano students. B...
- Why the Piano Is Dating the Prom Queen and What It Means For Your Studio: My teenage piano students are coming to their lessons more enthused than they have ever been. Actually, I had two ask if they could have an ...
- We Apologize If You Can't Get Today's Piano Post Out Of Your Head: It was the series finale of the TV show The Office last night. I'm a die-hard Office fan and there's nothing more I like than humming along...
- A Piano Practice Game That Will Make Piano Pieces "Stick": Who doesn't love a good piano teaching game? We all love bringing something new to lessons to keep our students interested and excited abou...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (4)
- Finding Piano Students (15)
- How To Teach Piano (43)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (46)
- Lesson Activities (21)
- Marketing and Advertising (34)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (4)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (43)
- Piano Music for Boys (1)
- Piano Practice Exercises (8)
- Piano Recitals (4)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (47)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (56)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (14)
- Piano Teaching Games (19)
- Piano Teaching Tips (113)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (7)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (41)