Encouraging frequent and active review of previously-completed pieces is an important part of your piano students’ home practice routine. Without regular review, piano students miss out on an opportunity to work on fluency, memorization and the ability to play a number of pieces at the drop of a hat.
But how do you inspire young piano students to “go backwards” in their book and continue to play pieces that they believe are “finished”?… With our new Mystery Piece Printable!
Encourage Piece Review With Our Mystery Piece Printable
Today’s printable is an easy way to encourage your piano students to spend some time at home reviewing and perfecting previously-completed pieces. Simply print out the sheet (see download instructions below), follow the instructions below and send it home with your piano students. Instruct them to do the following:
- While at home, have your students choose any completed piece in their piano method books or binders.
- Instruct them to use a pencil to complete the Clue Questions on the sheet for your selected piano piece.
- Finally, encourage your students to bring the completed sheet back to their next lessons.
- Read over their completed My Mystery Piece printables, open their piano books or binders and use their clues to locate their selected mystery piano pieces.
- If you guessed correctly, they perform the piece for you in all it’s polished glory 🙂
Your students will have a blast trying to “trick the teacher” while engaging in a bit of creative score study!
Where To Find “My Mystery Piece”
You can find today’s printable (and a boatload of other activities) in the resource section of the WunderKeys website by selecting the “Theory” tab. And while you’re there, be sure to check out the WunderKeys Method books… including our recently released WunderKeys Primer Piano Book 1!