Hello! We’re Andrea and Trevor Dow, authors of the Teach Piano Today blog. If you’re a new piano teacher looking for start-up advice, or if you are an experienced teacher looking for a specific tip, trick or piano teaching strategy… then this site is for you! We have almost 600 articles waiting for you to read… but don’t worry if you’re stuck for time, because this page is a great place to get your feet wet.
Feel free to read from top to bottom, or jump around by clicking on one of the boxes below to find exactly what you’re looking for.
We LOVE helping piano teachers, so pat yourself on the back for coming to the right place! With close to 600 blog posts, a Facebook community of over 5400, and two very devoted (albeit sleep-deprived!) piano bloggers, we will get you the help you are looking for!
The first thing you’ll want to do is subscribe to the Teach Piano Today blog. This is a great start for 2 reasons:
- We send out a ton of awesome piano teaching strategies, printables, games, and resources every month… and because we hate spam as much as you do, every send-out is 100% devoted to helping you as a piano teacher!
- When you first subscribe, we’ll send you 7 chapters from our guide Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers; 7 chapters full of ready-to-implement strategies that will improve your teaching and grow your studio.
To join the most helpful piano community on the internet, click here.
Hey… that’s as good a reason as any to hang out here! You’ll find some popular posts below that contain free printables and/or games. But before you start clicking… have you subscribed to Teach Piano Today? Subscribers get 7 chapters from our guide, Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers.
Now… on to some great freebies…
- A Piano Printable For You – Meet The Theory Police
- A Crazy Critter Composing Printable to Inspire your Piano Kids
- Challenge Your Piano Students To A Dynamic Duel… A Printable Game!
- 5 Days of Piano Teaching Fun Using Play Dough!
- Have a ‘Hoot’ With Hand Position Changes – A Printable Piano Game!
- Step and Skip Your Way to Smiles With This Piano Teaching Game
- A Great Printable Incentive Program For Your Tech-Lovin’ Piano Kids
We’re not going to claim we have ALL the answers… but we do have a lot! And if you have a question that stumps us, we will work tirelessly to learn and then report back to you.
The Best Ways To Get Your Piano Teaching Questions Answered
- Begin with a search of the Teach Piano Today blog. It’s really simple… type your question into that big ol’ search box below:
- If you happen to stump the Search Box, then head on over to the Contact Us page and shoot us a question. We read and respond to every email that hits our inbox (unless you’re trying to sell us a fake Armani handbag…)
Many teachers arrive at our site looking for tips and tools to help them find new piano students and grow their studios. Well, we’ve got those tips and tools in abundance! In fact, we’ve linked to some of them below.
But before you check out those posts, you may be interested in the video below. Check it out and discover WunderKeys… our preschool piano program that teachers all over the world are using to attract a ton of new piano students.
Now, on to some great posts for finding new piano students…
- Make This Small Change To Your Piano Lesson Advertising… And Change The World!
- Your Piano Teaching Success Begins With One Simple Word…
- How to Design a Piano Ad That Hits The High Notes…
Method books are great for providing structure and direction, but let’s be honest… they can be a little dull at times. For long-term piano lesson success, your students need exciting music that instantly inspires. And that is why we have launched PianoBookClub.com!
PianoBookClub is a Piano-Book-of-the-Month Club where members receive a new piano book full of awesome supplementary repertoire each and every month. To learn more click here or on the image below.
We started the Teach Piano Today blog with a mission; to keep piano lessons relevant for a new generation of students. After 3 years of meeting piano teachers and making new friends, we’ve never felt better about the future of piano education!
We are so grateful to be able to work every single day with positive, optimistic piano teachers who love what they do. We promise to continue to be here to support you on your journey in any way we can. Never be afraid to shoot us an email… we’d love to hear from you!
So thank you for being a part of TeachPianoToday.com. And since you were devoted enough to make it to the end of this page, why not head on over to our Facebook page and say “Hi”… we’d love to hear from you!
Talk to you soon,
Andrea and Trevor