Success in the piano teaching world has always been dependent on 3 key factors…
1. Longevity – How long has your piano studio been in business?
2. Reputation – How is your piano studio generally perceived in the community?
3. Social Proof – How does your piano studio display its effectiveness?
For new piano teachers or for piano teachers reinventing themselves, the first two factors (longevity and reputation) have always been a real stumbling block. After all, longevity and reputation are two things that are achieved over time.
But in 2012, that’s all about to change!
For the last few years, trend-watchers have recognized a gradual shift in consumer behavior away from companies that are merely “established” and towards companies that can prove their worth. And in 2012, this shift is going to really take hold.
Prepare Your Piano Studio For Success
So… are you ready for this change? Are you ready for “social proof” to be the factor that determines your piano teaching success? If so, consider the following…
1. Begin to look for ways to showcase your studio.
2. Rather than advertising piano teaching experience, advertise piano playing benefits.
3. Look for opportunities to share your piano teaching skills with your community.
4. Look for opportunities for your students to share their piano playing skills with your community.
5. Use your piano studio for good. Support a charity in a musical way!