So there’s a blog post title I never imagined writing! But it’s true… according to our “very scientific survey”, 100% of respondents (and there were literally hundreds of respondents!) preferred to teach nail biters over nose pickers.
Here Are The Results From The Rest Of The Piano Teaching Survey
1. Would you rather be tortured by Fur Elise or Jingle Bells?
This was a close race, but Beethoven is just too near and dear to every piano teacher’s heart; 54% of respondents wished to be tortured with Fur Elise.
2. Would you rather parents be in-your-face or out-to-lunch?
We weren’t sure which way the pendulum would swing on this one. On one hand, nobody likes a pushy parent who crosses boundaries, but at the same time, uninvolved parents can be a real hindrance too. But at the end of the day, when forced to choose between the two, 64% of piano teachers would rather parents be out-to-lunch.
3. Would you rather teach a 13 year old girl or a 3 year old boy?
Sure 3 year old boys can be gross and grimy, but we were still surprised to discover that 77% of respondents would choose to instead deal with the emotional train wreck that is a 13 year old girl! Kudos to you brave souls 🙂
4. Would you rather receive Treble Clef Themed Gifts only, or never receive another gift again?
Hey, apparently piano teachers love receiving gifts… even if they are adorned with a treble clef; 56% of piano teachers are “asking for treble”.
5. Would you rather students forget their piano books or forget their manners?
A clear winner for sure… 84% of teachers say they would rather students forget their books. We couldn’t agree more… there’s simply no room for rudeness.
6. Would you rather lose your vision or lose your ability to play the piano?
Wow! 31% of piano teachers would choose to never see again as long as they could still tickle the ivories. We love that kind of passion.
7. Would you rather say yes to one make-up lesson request per day for the rest of your life, or slam the piano lid on your own face once a year (on your birthday)?
It is possible that a particularly bothersome day influenced us in creating this question 🙂 But hey… we’re not alone; 64% of piano teachers would choose a piano lid to the face once a year for life!
8. Would you rather get rid of the black keys or the white keys?
White keys won by a landslide! 74% of people would say goodbye to sharps and flats forever and live in a land where the keys of C Major and A Minor were king.
9. Would you rather teach pieces consisting of only ledger lines or pieces composed only in the key of C#major?
Ledger lines are clearly not a favourite. 67% of piano teachers would prefer to not sit idly by while their students counted those little ledger lines… and would instead prefer to continually remind their students about the B sharps!
And now you know just a little bit more about your online piano teaching colleagues… you’re welcome. 🙂