When you’re eight years old, struggling with a new piano concept or skill is no fun at all! At least… it USED to be no fun at all… until Dr. Dynamico arrived on the scene!
Who is Dr. Dynamico? Dr. Dynamico is a piano superhero. And he is about to help your young piano students conquer their toughest battles.
To “call” Dr. Dynamico to your studio all you need is this fun piano printable, a pencil, and a superhero-sized imagination.
How To Use The Dr. Dynamico Printable
Bring Dr. Dynamico to life in your piano studio in 5 simple steps. Follow along with the instructions below and let your imagination run wild!
1. Show your piano student the Dr. Dynamico Printable. Explain to her that Dr. Dynamico has been battling the perils of the piano for years and that he has come to help defeat a piano villain today. (If you’re super creative, make up your own comic back story for Dr. Dynamico… how he became a superhero… who he has defeated villains in the past… his superhero powers, etc.)
2. Explain to your piano student that Dr. Dynamico is going to help her with a certain piano skill or concept (playing legato, remembering to count rests, posture, etc.) that she is struggling with and discuss with your student aspects of the concept that “need work”.
3. The concept discussed in Step 2 is “the villain”. Now, in order for Dr. Dynamico to defeat the villain, he needs to be able to identify the villain. So… with your piano student, complete the General Intelligence Bulletin on the Dr. Dynamico Piano Printable. Let your imaginations run wild as you create a comic villain name, date of birth, and identifying characteristics for “the villain”… or piano concept.
4. The “Comments” section is for you, the teacher, to fill out. Because your piano student will be taking this printable home as a reminder of something to work on, you can use this section to tell your student what she needs to work on at home to help Dr. Dynamico to defeat the villain. Once again, go ahead and put a creative spin on this.
5. Finally, send the Dr. Dynamico Piano Printable home with your piano student. Explain to her that in order to assist Dr. Dynamico in defeating “the villain” she must place the sheet on the piano each time she practices in the coming week as a reminder. Also, ask her to bring the piano printable back to her lesson next week with a wonderfully scary portrait of “the villain” drawn in the photo frame on the worksheet.
Here’s An Example Of A Completed Sheet
Here’s what my sheet says…
Name: Count Numeromeister
Identification: Breezes through rests without stopping!
Comments: Count Numeromeister is lying in wait! Don’t let him take over. Every rest in your music is in danger of being forgotten forever! Pay very close attention to quarter rests as he is fond of vaporizing them to dust!
To Solve Even More Technique Troubles…
We love using the imaginative power of stories to bring the piano to life. And one of our most successful ways to use stories is with our technique resource TEDDtales. Our interactive, story-based approach to technical exercises will have your technically-terrified piano students begging for more!