When we released An Intermediate Performance Companion For Pop Studies 1: The WunderKeys Essential Piano Collection three weeks ago, we told you that the second book in the series would be following hot on its heels.
Well, today we’re thrilled to let you know that An Intermediate Performance Companion For Pop Studies 2 is coming out in less than two weeks.
To celebrate the upcoming release, today on the blog we’re having a musical scavenger hunt for your ears. Complete the scavenger hunt, and you’ll get a teen piano solo from our upcoming intermediate performance book!
To get started, carefully read the simple instructions below.
1. Before You Start Our Musical Scavenger Hunt
Before we get to the scavenger hunt, we want to fill you in on the WunderKeys Intermediate Piano Program.
This exciting new series is divided into 4 levels. Each level includes a Pop Studies book that reinforces scales, chords, triads, and left-hand patterns and a Performance Companion book that includes some of WunderKeys’ greatest hits reworked to reinforce the skills learned in the Pop Studies book.
With thousands of students switching to the WunderKeys Intermediate Piano Program since the release of the first Pop Studies book last spring, we have been working day and night to have books ready as students move through the series.
With November’s release of the second Performance Companion book, the entire Level 2 program will be complete. And, for those who are wondering, Level 3 will be ready to go in January!
Now, on to the scavenger hunt…
2. The Musical Scavenger Hunt Prize
As mentioned above, in less than two weeks we will be releasing our second Intermediate Performance Companion book. If you complete our quick musical scavenger hunt we’ll send you the sheet music to Aisling’s Theme from An Intermediate Performance Companion For Pop Studies 2.
Click on the image to preview Aisling’s Theme (the Scavenger Hunt Prize) before moving on to the scavenger hunt.
3. How To Complete Our Musical Scavenger Hunt
Our upcoming release contains some of WunderKeys’ greatest hits reworked to create a performance companion for students who are using WunderKeys Intermediate Pop Studies For Piano 2.
To complete the scavenger hunt and receive Aisling’s Theme, you will listen to three mystery pieces from An Intermediate Performance Companion For Pop Studies 2 while working your way through the following steps:
- Sit down beside your piano… unless you have perfect pitch 🙂
- Listen to the audio previews of the mystery pieces below.
- Write down the key of each audio preview (Hint: D Major, B Minor, B Flat Major, G Minor, A Major, or F Sharp Minor)
- Head on over to the WunderKeys Piano Music For Teens Facebook Group (Click to join if you are not already a member).
- The first post at the top of the group is from me (Andrea Dow).
- Click on my name and send me a message with the names of the keys of the three piano pieces below.
- And that’s it! Once I receive your message I will send you the teen piano solo.
4. Audio Previews Of The Mystery Pieces