On the weekend I was lucky enough to be invited to an online piano studio recital hosted by a lovely, longtime member of the Teach Piano Today and WunderKeys’ communities.
It was a true privilege to watch the recital live and to have a chance to actually talk to all of these students who have been enjoying our music.
I have often dreamed of being able to come and see recitals hosted by all of the wonderful teachers we have come to know in our online world.
Oddly enough… I had never considered visiting virtually!
I always try to look for a silver lining in difficult times, and I think this might just be one!
After Melinda’s lovely recital on Sunday, I got to thinking about a virtual WunderKeys World Tour and a chance to come to visit your piano studios.
So, If you and your students would like to come to play for me at a Zoom Recital (hosted and set up by me) you can learn more below.
How The Virtual WunderKeys World Tour Will Work
The Virtual WunderKeys World Tour is destined to be a fun, little experiment. Because it is an experiment we would like to ease into it slowly.
Once every two weeks, I will set up a Zoom meeting that can be attended by the students of one piano studio. I will create the meeting and send the interested teacher the link.
It will be the responsibility of the teacher to make sure his or her students receive the link, are aware of the Zoom meeting time, are prepared to perform a piano piece from any WunderKeys or PianoBookClub resource, and then actually show up 🙂
The teacher must also send me a list of the performers and the order in which they will perform.
After completing those preparations, the rest is up to me. I will host the meeting, begin with a recital introduction, listen to the performances, and then finish the recital with some positive feedback for each player. And, of course, I would love for the attending piano teacher to say a few words too!
Is Your Piano Studio Interested?
If your studio is interested in the Virtual WunderKeys World Tour, I have listed the next steps below. Important: Because this is a new experiment, it would be best to first hear from teachers who are already teaching with Zoom and who have at least 5 students who would be able to attend a WunderKeys World Tour Zoom Recital.
How To Sign Up
- Do you have at least 5 students who would like to share a piano performance with me?
- Are you and your students familiar with Zoom? Have you been teaching online?
- To begin, please join either the WunderKeys Piano Music For Teens Facebook group or the WunderKeys For Piano Teachers Facebook group. As we get started, these groups will be the easiest way for me to communicate with interested teachers. If you are not already a member of one of these groups, click either link in this step to join.
- At the top of each group, you will find a pinned post about the Virtual WunderKeys World Tour.
- If your studio and your students are interested in attending a Zoom Recital hosted by me, please leave a comment on the pinned post in the Facebook group.
- Finally, check your Facebook Private Messages… as that is how I will be contacting interested teachers with further details.
If you and your piano students are not currently engaged in online piano lessons, we would still love you to have this opportunity too. After we get the ball rolling with teachers familiar with Zoom we will have more time to help get offline teachers on board 🙂
I really do hope you and your students take this opportunity to participate. There is really no greater gift than hearing your kids bring the WunderKeys repertoire to life!