If you’re ever stuck for a cool advertising idea, then you need a wordle. What’s a wordle? It’s a picture made from words. Sounds simple… and a bit wierd… but it’s actually very clever and has the potential to be a very powerful marketing tool for your piano studio.
5 Ways Wordle Can Spread the Word…le
1. Add some flair to your studio advertising – brainstorm a list of all of the words that describe your studio (or take them from your studio mission statement). Wordle will then create a graphic using these words. You can use this graphic as an engaging way to share all that your studio offers, your studio’s focus, what makes your studio unique etc. If you enter the most important words more than once then they appear as the largest words in the final graphic.
2. Student Awards – choose a student each month and create a wordle all about them! You can then frame this in a photo frame and gift it to your student or you can turn it into studio wall-art and display your featured students proudly. You can see a wordle I created for my student Kamryn below.
3. Studio Recital Programs – make a great font page for your program by making a wordle out of all of your performer’s names. If you enter the date or theme of your recital many times it will end up being the center word – and this then becomes a great keepsake for your studio families.
4. Studio webpage Check-in – Want to know if your studio website is giving the right first impression? Wordle can help! Simply enter your studio’s website url into wordle and it creates word art for you based on the words it grabs from your site. Looking at your website as a graphic… are you happy with how your studio is portrayed? If not, then it’s worth reinventing your website text – add more words that you feel strongly about or increase the frequency of messages you want to get across.
5. Event announcements – Are you hosting a studio-wide practice incentive, a piano party, a group class, a Grandparent’s day etc? Build excitement by hinting at the big news with a a wordle on your blog or facebook page. Create a list of words that describe your event, choose the ones that you’d like to be the most prominant and ensure you enter those words repeatedly for the desired effect.
You can play around with wordle for free at this link. Helpful Wordle hints: Duplicating your most important word many times means it shows up the largest. Only put one word per line when entering into the initial screen, but the more total words you use, the better it looks. Change up how your generated wordle looks by hitting the “randomize” button or using the top menu options until you find one you like. Save your wordle either by taking a screen shot (to make an image file which you then crop) or by saving it as a pdf.
Creative Studio Advertising
If you love thinking about piano studio advertising in a creative way, then check out our WunderKeys Piano for Preschoolers program. Not only do we provide you with free, personalized (and gorgeous!) advertising materials, but also an advertising strategy guide AND a free webpage. It’s as good as it gets… plus those little ones are uber-cute to teach! Here’s our Wordle created from simply imputing our website url for WunderKeys into Wordle