- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: How To Teach Piano
My youngest daughter, Halle, has her eye on my metronome… she swipes it every chance she gets. And then we find her in her bedroom where she’s dancing to the swinging pendulum… grooving away as though it is music. But … Continue reading
A piano teacher recently wrote to us with a question: “I have a 9 year old piano student who just doesn’t seem to hear his mistakes. He happily continues on through missed notes, missed sharps, wrong notes… even if one … Continue reading
Young piano students crave lesson activities that get them up and off the bench. It is natural for kids to want to use their bodies to learn and to demonstrate their understanding. So, piano teachers need to have an arsenal of “move … Continue reading
Of course the very first piano lesson is important… first impressions, first learning opportunities, first piano piece.. it’s a crucial initial experience that we piano teachers carefully craft. But what about the second piano lesson? Is it just ho-hum, same-old … Continue reading
At some point in our careers as piano teachers we will encounter piano students who need a different approach than most children. Today we’re going to share a strategy that will have a positive effect on how to teach piano to … Continue reading
Question: What types of finger exercises or warm ups do you recommend for very small piano students? Did you know that many children enter kindergarten having never held a pencil correctly or used pair of scissors? A great deal … Continue reading
When choosing how to teach piano chording to kids there is one important thing to remember: keep it simple! Even your young beginners can start learning about chording on the piano as soon as they can recognize and play a … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Tips for Ticks: How to Teach Piano Kids To Use a Metronome: My youngest daughter, Halle, has her eye on my metronome... she swipes it every chance she gets. And then we find her in her bedroom where ...
- How To Keep Your Recital Great 'Til The Last Drop: The start of your piano recital is minutes away. The seats are filled and now it’s standing room only. You’re starting to sweat while kickin...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (7)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (26)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)