You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Lesson Activities
It’s been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of piano teachers looking at your list of cancelled lessons and wondering how you are ever … Continue reading
Ear training is one of those things that can be difficult to jazz-up as a piano teacher. Play backs, clap backs, intervals… there’s only so much you can do. Or is there? Singing students at my studio were going crazy … Continue reading
In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you’d wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly head home, put your feet up and enjoy a nice eggnog… possibly mixed with rum But, that’s … Continue reading
Helping our piano kids to develop good technical habits is an important part of piano teaching. So much of what we teach happens away from the sheet music – we are responsible for giving our students all of the skills … Continue reading
It’s the week of Halloween… and, aside from having wired piano kids, you’re probably also going to have piano kids who are super busy this week with costume parties, school dances, trick or treating and some major candy burn-out come … Continue reading
Time management in a piano lesson can be a tricky thing. Do you sometimes find yourself wondering how in the world you’re going to cram all your piano teaching brilliance into a single lesson? Review old pieces, learn a new piece, … Continue reading
While I spend a great deal of my year under an umbrella with some serious rain gear on, the weather in my part of the world has been absolutely gorgeous lately. As much as I love my job, it can … Continue reading
Repetition is an inevitable part of piano lessons. But we can all get sick of saying “One more time from the top!”. And if we’re sick of saying it, you can bet that our piano kids are sick of hearing … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)