- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Lesson Activities
Helping our piano kids to develop good technical habits is an important part of piano teaching. So much of what we teach happens away from the sheet music – we are responsible for giving our students all of the skills … Continue reading
It’s the week of Halloween… and, aside from having wired piano kids, you’re probably also going to have piano kids who are super busy this week with costume parties, school dances, trick or treating and some major candy burn-out come … Continue reading
Time management in a piano lesson can be a tricky thing. Do you sometimes find yourself wondering how in the world you’re going to cram all your piano teaching brilliance into a single lesson? Review old pieces, learn a new piece, … Continue reading
While I spend a great deal of my year under an umbrella with some serious rain gear on, the weather in my part of the world has been absolutely gorgeous lately. As much as I love my job, it can … Continue reading
Repetition is an inevitable part of piano lessons. But we can all get sick of saying “One more time from the top!”. And if we’re sick of saying it, you can bet that our piano kids are sick of hearing … Continue reading
I have a stack of levelled sight reading books in my studio. And they bug me. They bug me because they are taking up a ton of space on my book shelf, and while buying yet another shelf would give … Continue reading
Feeling a little down? Don’t worry… you’re not alone. Yesterday (January 21st) was “Blue Monday” – the most depressing day of the year. In fact, Blue Monday happens every year during the last full week of January. And it’s all … Continue reading
I hate clutter. Which is why Chrtistmas stresses me out. My otherwise “minimalist” house becomes a haven for snowmen, candles, mistletoe, and other paraphanelia to fill up flat surfaces. When things are cluttered I just can’t reach my peak performance. … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Tips for Ticks: How to Teach Piano Kids To Use a Metronome: My youngest daughter, Halle, has her eye on my metronome... she swipes it every chance she gets. And then we find her in her bedroom where ...
- How To Keep Your Recital Great 'Til The Last Drop: The start of your piano recital is minutes away. The seats are filled and now it’s standing room only. You’re starting to sweat while kickin...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (7)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (26)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)