- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Teaching FAQ
Have you ever thought something sounded like fun until you actually were confronted with “said fun”. You know what I mean… like bungee jumping; it sounds fun, until you’re perched on a platform hundreds of feet above a river gorge … Continue reading
Every day new teachers visit our blog who are just beginning their journey into the world of piano education. Some have a few students, some are advertising for students, and some are merely kicking the tires of the trade. Every … Continue reading
We need your burning piano teaching questions! After a summer hiatus, Question and Answer Day is back! And let me tell you… we’ve missed it. Answering your most pressing questions is our favourite way to communicate with the Teach Piano … Continue reading
Question: How do I manage a mother that comes with her son to his piano lesson? She interrupts continually. She is an accomplished pianist in her own right — she plays piano at her church. She plays exactly as written … Continue reading
Question: I am considering doing a weekly theory group class as a ‘make-up’ piano class. I have 32 piano students (I live in a town of 2800 people) and feel like I need to do make-ups but trying to come … Continue reading
Question: What do you say to parents who want to stay for lessons and interrupt your style of teaching? I clearly state that parents stay in the next room! Any piano teacher who has been teaching for more than…well, 30 … Continue reading
Question: I have a student who has taken almost 10 years of piano with me and claims that she can’t read notes. She is a junior in high school and she starts working on her June recital pieces in September. … Continue reading
Question: How do you teach Alberti bass? So many students have a heavy thumb for many types of playing, but it is most noticeable with the Alberti bass. Are there some specific exercises or techniques which could help? Thanks! buh-THUMP-buh-THUMP-buh-THUMP-buh-THUMP…sound … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- God Rest Ye Merry Hummingbirds... Composing Fun With Christmas Tunes: If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons... or, if you've always wanted to but just haven't started, then th...
- What?! I Have One More Piano Lesson To Go? (How To Fill The Final Lesson): In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you'd wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly ...
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (9)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (27)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)