- Why Daily Piano Practice Can Be A Waste of Time
- Exciting News For Anyone Looking To Grow Their Piano Studio Next Year
- Why the Piano Is Dating the Prom Queen and What It Means For Your Studio
- We Apologize If You Can’t Get Today’s Piano Post Out Of Your Head
- A Piano Practice Game That Will Make Piano Pieces “Stick”
Category Archives: Piano Teaching Tips
My teenage piano students are coming to their lessons more enthused than they have ever been. Actually, I had two ask if they could have an extra lesson next week… not because they have a competition coming up and need … Continue reading
Do you ever hear “I played this so much better at home!” from your piano students? This statement often comes after they stumble through the piece they supposedly practiced all week and sigh with despair. Most times I believe my students … Continue reading
We recently adopted a new puppy. Marley is a shaggy, loveable Goldendoodle. Marley also has a serious need for some manners. So, off to Puppy Kindergarten I went with full expectations for being royally embarrassed. Repeatedly. I hadn’t been to … Continue reading
When you dreamed of becoming a piano teacher what did that look like? For me it was a pristine studio with french doors, a white grand piano, and me dressed in cute business-wear sitting beside perfectly behaved piano students. … Continue reading
One thing that seems to vary amongst piano teachers is the idea of what constitutes a “finished” piano piece. At what point is okay to move on? Are a few occasional mistakes okay or should it be perfect? Do you … Continue reading
There is a point on every racket, bat or club that makes the most effective contact with the ball – sending it further than it would go had you missed this “sweet spot”. As a newbie piano teacher way … Continue reading
I love travelling…. But I hate flying. It’s not a hatred that is comes from fear, but rather a hatred that comes from sitting for eight hours in a seat that reclines a full half inch, and trying to keep … Continue reading
I know Valentine’s Day is over, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late to fall back in love with an old flame… in this case, your piano studio. Around this time you’re probably feeling the 7-month itch; the newness of … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- Why Daily Piano Practice Can Be A Waste of Time : We all know how to teach piano. But do you know how to teach your piano students to practice? If you're finding yourself stuck in the never...
- Exciting News For Anyone Looking To Grow Their Piano Studio Next Year: I don’t think it will come as a shock to anyone to learn that one of the biggest challenges piano teachers face is finding piano students. B...
- Why the Piano Is Dating the Prom Queen and What It Means For Your Studio: My teenage piano students are coming to their lessons more enthused than they have ever been. Actually, I had two ask if they could have an ...
- We Apologize If You Can't Get Today's Piano Post Out Of Your Head: It was the series finale of the TV show The Office last night. I'm a die-hard Office fan and there's nothing more I like than humming along...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (4)
- Finding Piano Students (15)
- How To Teach Piano (43)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (46)
- Lesson Activities (21)
- Marketing and Advertising (34)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (4)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (43)
- Piano Music for Boys (1)
- Piano Practice Exercises (9)
- Piano Recitals (4)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (47)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (56)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (14)
- Piano Teaching Games (19)
- Piano Teaching Tips (113)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (7)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (41)