You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Teaching Tips
I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there’s benefits for everyone when this “clicks” for them: 1. As the teacher you are able to then get into … Continue reading
If you head into any sheet music department, the majority of shelf space is taken up by the “giants” in the method book world. It’s not hard to quickly discover who the big guys are. But before you shrug … Continue reading
In 2013 Trevor and I wrote a combined 195 piano teaching posts. That’s 136 500 words of piano teaching advice… which just happens to be more words than were needed to write Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban, Harry … Continue reading
When one of my students has a hard time finding the right note or playing the right note, I feel like I should step in and show them how, but I also feel like I should give them some time … Continue reading
If you were to walk into our home you’d know instantly that Trevor and I love simplicity and detest clutter. Our house is completely white; walls, furniture, kitchen, carpet (yes… even with two kids!) and we purposefully avoid having “flat … Continue reading
Like the post title says, I’ve made a mistake. And I learned from that mistake. Truth be told, I’ve made a lot of mistakes and I’ve learned from each and every one of them. I’m not afraid to make mistakes… … Continue reading
Great pianists have a secret weapon. Now depending on their age, the secret weapon may no longer play an essential role, but rest assured, in the earliest years of their piano education the impressive development of most great pianists was … Continue reading
We were reminiscing yesterday with our parents about the days when they had a party line on their telephone. Everyone had a distinctive ring… and whether you chose to listen in on your neighbors’ conversations (or tie up the phone … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)