- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Teaching Tips
When one of my students has a hard time finding the right note or playing the right note, I feel like I should step in and show them how, but I also feel like I should give them some time … Continue reading
If you were to walk into our home you’d know instantly that Trevor and I love simplicity and detest clutter. Our house is completely white; walls, furniture, kitchen, carpet (yes… even with two kids!) and we purposefully avoid having “flat … Continue reading
Like the post title says, I’ve made a mistake. And I learned from that mistake. Truth be told, I’ve made a lot of mistakes and I’ve learned from each and every one of them. I’m not afraid to make mistakes… … Continue reading
Great pianists have a secret weapon. Now depending on their age, the secret weapon may no longer play an essential role, but rest assured, in the earliest years of their piano education the impressive development of most great pianists was … Continue reading
We were reminiscing yesterday with our parents about the days when they had a party line on their telephone. Everyone had a distinctive ring… and whether you chose to listen in on your neighbors’ conversations (or tie up the phone … Continue reading
In a recent Teach Piano Today Podcast we discussed our studio events calendar – and how having “mini events” throughout the year can be a real boost to both your own motivation and that of your piano students. Another thing … Continue reading
Has a piano parent ever asked you this question? We all know that successful piano lessons require a “triangle” effort made up of parent, teacher and student. But if you haven’t been asked this question, and you’d really like … Continue reading
I was recently at a fireworks show. But, instead of watching the night sky as it lit up with color, I instead found myself watching the crowd, because something very weird was happening. And it has changed how I teach … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- The Science of The Piano Student-Send Off: We spend a lot of time talking about what happens during the piano lessons you teach... but do you think about what happens after you finish...
- Tips for Ticks: How to Teach Piano Kids To Use a Metronome: My youngest daughter, Halle, has her eye on my metronome... she swipes it every chance she gets. And then we find her in her bedroom where ...
- How To Keep Your Recital Great 'Til The Last Drop: The start of your piano recital is minutes away. The seats are filled and now it’s standing room only. You’re starting to sweat while kickin...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (7)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (26)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (7)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)