You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Technique Bootcamp
Ask any piano bench and they’ll tell you it’s a tooshie… I mean touchy subject. The piano gets all the glory, and the bench?… Well, the bench gets the tail end of the deal. Butt one can’t live without the … Continue reading
“Those are yucky. Let’s just skip this one.” My piano student’s first venture into playing 3 against 2 was not one she initially enjoyed… and I can’t say I blamed her. Polyrhythms can be hard! Not only are we asking … Continue reading
How many of you have a piano student who has a pinky finger that is as stiff as a wet sock in the Arctic? It points up and out as though challenging the fallboard of your piano to some sort … Continue reading
Ornamentation and embellishment is uncharted territory for many piano students heading into more serious repertoire. Most method books don’t touch the topic of trills and the like… but once they move away from method books, all of a sudden… “BAM!” … Continue reading
Many piano students have a real feeling of ”Blah towards Baroque”. As a result, these pieces are often neglected during practice, and the technique required to play Baroque music suffers. As pianists and as piano teachers, it’s important to pass … Continue reading
Since becoming a Mom for a second time I find myself frequently stopping and staring blankly at whatever room I’ve entered… “Why was I in here again?!” My memory certainly isn’t what it used to be. But the young and … Continue reading
“Use your 2nd finger, find D, hold it for two beats while your left hand plays an F# for one beat. Don’t forget the pedal. Make sure you’re playing mezzo forte.” Piano students have a lot to think about! … Continue reading
It’s time for our next blog post in our Piano Technique Bootcamp series! I hope you’ve all been having fun with the exercises to loosen the wrists of your piano students from the post last week. Today we’re talking about … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- A Printable To Inject Some Fun Into Your Piano Lesson Notes: If getting piano students to read your lesson notes is like pulling teeth, over the next month we’ll be sharing a few printables that might ...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (28)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)