- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Technique Bootcamp
Ask any piano bench and they’ll tell you it’s a tooshie… I mean touchy subject. The piano gets all the glory, and the bench?… Well, the bench gets the tail end of the deal. Butt one can’t live without the … Continue reading
“Those are yucky. Let’s just skip this one.” My piano student’s first venture into playing 3 against 2 was not one she initially enjoyed… and I can’t say I blamed her. Polyrhythms can be hard! Not only are we asking … Continue reading
How many of you have a piano student who has a pinky finger that is as stiff as a wet sock in the Arctic? It points up and out as though challenging the fallboard of your piano to some sort … Continue reading
Ornamentation and embellishment is uncharted territory for many piano students heading into more serious repertoire. Most method books don’t touch the topic of trills and the like… but once they move away from method books, all of a sudden… “BAM!” … Continue reading
Many piano students have a real feeling of ”Blah towards Baroque”. As a result, these pieces are often neglected during practice, and the technique required to play Baroque music suffers. As pianists and as piano teachers, it’s important to pass … Continue reading
Since becoming a Mom for a second time I find myself frequently stopping and staring blankly at whatever room I’ve entered… “Why was I in here again?!” My memory certainly isn’t what it used to be. But the young and … Continue reading
“Use your 2nd finger, find D, hold it for two beats while your left hand plays an F# for one beat. Don’t forget the pedal. Make sure you’re playing mezzo forte.” Piano students have a lot to think about! … Continue reading
It’s time for our next blog post in our Piano Technique Bootcamp series! I hope you’ve all been having fun with the exercises to loosen the wrists of your piano students from the post last week. Today we’re talking about … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- The Piano Teacher's Guide to The Stage Fright Monster: Sometimes, no matter how well prepared your student may be, the Stage Fright Monster takes hold. You're mid-recital and you glance over to y...
- God Rest Ye Merry Hummingbirds... Composing Fun With Christmas Tunes: If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons... or, if you've always wanted to but just haven't started, then th...
- What?! I Have One More Piano Lesson To Go? (How To Fill The Final Lesson): In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you'd wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly ...
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (9)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (27)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)