You May Also Like…
- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Fluff
This week we’ll be giving our typing fingers (in Trevor’s case, his two pointers) a well-deserved break, but before stepping slowly away from the keyboard we simply have to hold the 2nd Annual “Gifts For Teachers” Laugh-a-thon. You see, last … Continue reading
If I hadn’t met Andrea way back in high school I’d be divorced by now. Truth be told, if Andrea hadn’t met me back in high school, she would be divorced too. There simply isn’t anyone else in the world … Continue reading
If you have a spare 12 minutes this morning, I really suggest you press play on this video and start your day off with a massive dose of inspiration. This video tells the story of Alice Hertz-Sommer, the oldest … Continue reading
Yesterday, our newest resource, Pssst… Your Piano Teacher Thinks This Is Theory, was made available to members on the pre-release list. The response was, in a word, overwhelming! We feel truly blessed to have the support of so many enthusiastic, … Continue reading
What’s a hot topic amongst piano teachers? It’s probably a pretty well-matched tug-of-war between make-up lessons and piano lesson payments. There’s nothing that gets us fired up more than a) losing our personal time and b) not being paid! My … Continue reading
We all know Mozart’s great. The stories are legendary to musicians and non-musicians alike. We also all know that Mozart was a child prodigy. In fact, he is probably the most famous child prodigy… of all time! But may he … Continue reading
It was the series finale of the TV show The Office last night. I’m a die-hard Office fan and there’s nothing more I like than humming along with that catchy theme song knowing I’m in for 30 minutes of pure … Continue reading
Little kids express themselves in the funniest ways. Take our daughter Lexi for example; whenever something wonderful and exciting happens, she gets overwhelmed with joy and starts making everyone cards. She just has the need to make everyone around her … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- How Bach Can Help You Dig Out of the Snow: It's been a rough winter! Piano teachers have dealt with snow, ice rain, flooding and power outages. If you are one of the thousands of pian...
- How To Give Your Audience The Giggles: Spring recitals this year are going to leave friends and families rolling in the aisles. Why? Because piano students everywhere will be pe...
- The Magic of Teaching Piano Using Mirroring: I spend quite a bit of time working with my piano kids on developing fluency in their playing. Why? Because there's benefits for everyone wh...
- Your Burning Piano Teaching Questions Answered: About three times a year we reach out to the Teach Piano Today community; asking our readers to submit their burning piano teaching question...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (11)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (53)
- How to teach piano theory (7)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (61)
- Lesson Activities (29)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (6)
- Piano Fluff (49)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (14)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (8)
- Piano Students (63)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (81)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (16)
- Piano Teaching Games (29)
- Piano Teaching Tips (125)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (14)
- Resources (34)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (14)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (43)