- Discover the Secrets to
Piano Teaching SuccessAn Exciting Adventure,
A Lifetime of Composing!Pssst... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is TheorySHHHH... Your Piano Teacher
Thinks This Is PracticePiano Music For BoysPiano for Preschoolers
Category Archives: Piano Teaching Business
As you drift toward the holiday season it’s a great time to be looking forward; it’s a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the new year. A Great Piano Studio is One That Evolves One of the biggest … Continue reading
Reader Question: “My biggest piano pain point is parents who can’t tell time. They come early to lessons and stay late wanting to talk. It is not a problem in the middle of a packed afternoon of teaching but those who come first or last sometimes … Continue reading
In every profession there will be challenges. One particular challenge for piano teachers is being paid on time. And while the lovely bits of teaching piano far outweigh the headaches, this is one particular problem that seems to plague us … Continue reading
I’ve been spending quite a bit of time lately with my Songza playlist tuned into 60′s, 70′s and 80′s music. As much as the pop music of today gets my kids dancing around the living room… nothing gets them bopping … Continue reading
I left a secure government job (teaching) to grow our music studio and devote myself to Teach Piano Today. And in doing so, I opened myself up to the risks associated with economic downturns and government shutdowns. Yet, even when … Continue reading
Just as Dora has Boots and Batman has Robin, piano teachers need a sidekick. In this case, our sidekicks are our piano parents. Without them, our students and our studios suffer. Which is why it is absolutely essential to create … Continue reading
We have many piano teachers ask us every day “What should my piano studio policy sheet look like?”. What should I include? What should I leave out? What is fair? So today we’re laying out our advice for the top … Continue reading
Studies have shown that if you weigh yourself each and every day you are more likely to lose weight than if you don’t partake in daily weigh-ins. Now I’m a piano educator, not a weight loss guru, but this seems … Continue reading
Piano Hands Shouldn’t Flip Burgers: If teaching piano is your dream, we are here to tell you it is within your reach! You have spent years perfecting your piano...
The Adventures of Fearless Fortissimo – Piano Music For Boys: These revolutionary new music books put the adventure into learning piano. They are the...
WunderKeys Piano For Preschoolers: Give your student a head start in music, math, and life with our innovative new piano program for preschoolers.
- The Piano Teacher's Guide to The Stage Fright Monster: Sometimes, no matter how well prepared your student may be, the Stage Fright Monster takes hold. You're mid-recital and you glance over to y...
- God Rest Ye Merry Hummingbirds... Composing Fun With Christmas Tunes: If you like to include composing and improvisation in your piano lessons... or, if you've always wanted to but just haven't started, then th...
- What?! I Have One More Piano Lesson To Go? (How To Fill The Final Lesson): In a perfect world your piano students would present a brilliant recital, you'd wish your studio families a happy holiday and then promptly ...
- Tune-Up Your Piano Business With These 5 Articles...: As you drift toward the holiday season it's a great time to be looking forward; it's a great time to be revising and re-thinking before the ...
- Blog (28)
- Composing with Piano Students (9)
- Finding Piano Students (16)
- How To Teach Piano (50)
- How to teach piano theory (4)
- Innovative Teaching Ideas (57)
- Lesson Activities (27)
- Marketing and Advertising (37)
- Monday Morning Master Class (1)
- Music For Good (5)
- Piano Books (5)
- Piano Fluff (46)
- Piano Music for Boys (2)
- Piano Practice Exercises (13)
- Piano Recitals (8)
- Piano Repertoire (7)
- Piano Students (56)
- Piano Studio Websites (3)
- Piano Teaching Business (76)
- Piano Teaching FAQ (15)
- Piano Teaching Games (27)
- Piano Teaching Tips (121)
- Piano Technique Bootcamp (10)
- Power of Music (13)
- Resources (33)
- Teach Piano Today Idea Swap (12)
- Teach Piano Today Podcasts (13)
- TeachPianoToday Idea Swap (2)
- Technology and Piano Teaching (1)
- The Piano Teaching Guide (3)
- TPT Contest (5)
- Uncategorized (42)